Thursday, November 20, 2008

Week 12: Skype Comment

My experiences with skype have been very positive. I will use it next semester as a tool for students to collaborate on team design projects. Skype does not have a steep learning curve and is very intuitive in its use. A very efficient environment will be created by using a wiki to control the development of the design documents and using skype to discuss designs and changes to designs. Students in this course are adults who work full-time during the day and find it difficult to meet as a team face-to-face outside of the normal class meetings. Meeting on skype will solve this problem. The ability to bring multiple people into the conversation is a major plus.

2 comments:

Rhodes-O'Neill said...

Greetings,

I really like how you structured the use of Skype around the wiki, using it as a LMS. I was thinking of doing that for my high school courses. I would be interested to see how that works for you in the adult education area.

Do you think you will continue to blog your experiences with Web 2.0 technologies? I would be very interested in seeing what happens next (especially since I am already subscribed to your blog).

Take care and it has been a pleasure reading your comments throughout the course.

Tamyra

rcjones said...

Tamyra,

I do expect to use this blog once this course is over. However, the content will probably be more focused on specific experiences that I have with technology in my courses - kind of like a diary maybe.