Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week 12: Lessons Learned

Some of the lesssons I have learned in our Computer Technology and Multimedia course include the power of software that provides discussion forums, wiki's for collaboration, blogs for making student knowledge, research, and views available to all on the Internet, podcasts for making course information available, and synchronous communications through video conferencing for remote course capabilities.

Discussion forums have been a part of this course and have given hands-on experience with asynchronous communications. I have also gained experience with the use of wiki's and will have my students use these to create and coordinate various document creation exercises. I will also have students in other courses use blogs to make their views available to all on the Internet in order to perhaps get feedback from people outside the course. After having gained experience in creating a video presentation, I will finally get around to creating podcasts of my course content and make it availabe to students for review. I also hope to be involved in the creation of remote classrooms through the use of video conferencing to provide a synchronous environment for our students.

No comments: